New Draper Job Opportunity: Sr. Subcontracts Administrator
Posted: 16 of July
Sr. Subcontracts Administrator
Draper is an independent, nonprofit research and development company headquartered in Cambridge, MA. The 1,800 employees of Draper tackle important national challenges with a promise of delivering successful and usable solutions. From military defense and space exploration to biomedical engineering, lives often depend on the solutions we provide. Our multidisciplinary teams of engineers and scientists work in a collaborative environment that inspires the cross-fertilization of ideas necessary for true innovation. For more information about Draper, visit www.draper.com.
Our work is very important to us, but so is our life outside of work. Draper supports many programs to improve work-life balance including workplace flexibility, employee clubs ranging from photography to yoga, health and finance workshops, off site social events and discounts to local museums and cultural activities. If this specific job opportunity and the chance to work at a nationally renowned R&D innovation company appeals to you, apply now www.draper.com/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Draper is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high-performance culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Draper is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact email@example.com.
This position serves as an integral member of the Contracts, Subcontracts, Procurement & Property (CSPP) department. CSPP strives to provide both its internal and external customers with solution-oriented leadership and guidance and is focused on achieving the strategic objectives of the organization while balancing risk and regulatory compliance. The ideal candidate has an interest in contributing to the success of the entire CSPP department in a fast-paced multifaceted environment.
Responsibilities will include working closely with internal customers and outside suppliers, evaluating proposals, reviewing and negotiating proposed terms and conditions, negotiating pricing, monitoring performance and closing out subcontracts. Applicant should have excellent problem-solving and communication skills and an interest in contracts, subcontracts, procurement & property as they relate to the subcontract instrument and its complexities.
- Independent management of a diverse subcontract portfolio through the entire subcontract lifecycle (cradle to grave) with small and large businesses (defense and commercial) and not for profit entities, including universities
- Provide guidance to Program Offices and senior leadership related to subcontract strategy, risk mitigation, and negotiations.
- Evaluate subcontractor proposals for compliance with RFP and Draper and U.S. Government policies and procedures.
- Lead fact finding on subcontract proposals, identify terms and conditions that deviate from company policy, conduct assessment of risk and develop proposed mitigation strategies.
- Perform cost/price analyses and coordinate technical evaluation with Program Managers. Engage suppliers in cost/price negotiations, as applicable.
- Develop and negotiate favorable payment schedules and terms consistent with prime contract requirements and Draper policy.
- Provide guidance to internal customers on subcontract interpretation and support program execution to ensure conformance with prime contract terms and Draper policy while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Summarize and document negotiations for auditability and compliance, as required.
- Create and manage assigned subcontracts in the Draper system of record and other repositories.
- Manage relationships with internal customers and external suppliers.
- Interact with other Draper Departments (Finance, Legal, Programs, etc.) as needed.
- Participate in program reviews with the customer and/or supplier, as required
- Mentor junior Subcontracts staff to ensure compliance and professional development.
- Bachelor’s degree with 7+ years of relevant experience; experience in an Intellectual Property-intensive environment (e.g., engineering/technology company) preferred. MA/MBA/JD preferred.
- Working knowledge of contracting principles, multiple contract types (CPFF, T&M, FFP) and government subcontracting processes and requirements required.
- Able to handle multiple assignments and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to quickly understand processes and ensure adherence to the same.