Blackmere Consulting Job Opportunity: Procurement Compliance Support
Posted: 03 of December
Our client has been a leader in the Nuclear Waste Management Industry for over 20 years and recently won a multi-billion-dollar contract. Our client is seeking a qualified Sr. Procurement Compliance Specialist to support compliance related projects in Southeast, New Mexico. Recognized as the “Business of the Year” in 2018 by the Carlsbad, New Mexico Chamber of Commerce, our client manages and operates the U.S. Department of Energy’s Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP) in Carlsbad, NM.
This long-term Contract Position is focused on full-cycle procurement including, but not limited to:
- Review purchase order and subcontract terms and conditions for compliance to policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Ensure compliance requirements are established, kept current, and communicated to the Procurement department and organization staff.
- Manage self-audits, compliance issue resolution and procedure compliance requirements, education/training, and guidance on operational requirements.
- Develop self-audit schedules and perform all audit reporting requirements.
- Coordinate, track, and respond to internal and external audits.
- Prepare reports from audits with clear and concise findings and recommendations.
- Develop and manage tracking system for compliance related issues.
- Prepare reports on status of findings and remedial measures as required.
What are the requirements for this role?
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in related field with an emphasis in specialty area is preferred; however, a combination of education and relevant experience wherein the skills and abilities to perform the position’s duties and accountabilities have been adequately demonstrated is acceptable
Experience: Would love 10 years’ experience or more in government procurement, contracting or related field with a minimum of 3 years in procurement compliance and:
- Experience in Federal Contract Management working with Department of Energy (DOE) or Department of Defense (DOD).
- Knowledge and understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Department of Energy Acquisition Regulations (DEAR), and Federal Travel Regulations (FTR).
- Experience with procurement compliance audits and reviews including experience with government Contractor Purchasing System Review (CPSR) or DOE Procurement Evaluation and Re-engineering Team (PERT)
- CPCM, or Core FAC certifications such as APDP Level II or DAIWA Level II are a plus
- Ability to work with Program Managers, Engineers, and field personnel to effectively develop statements of work, independent cost estimates
- Experience working with Oracle and/or People Soft a plus Experience working with Oracle and/or People Soft a plus
- Experience with preparation of solicitation documents and awarding subcontracts in Firm-Fixed Price, Time & Material, Labor Hour and Cost Reimbursement environment
- Provide procurement leadership and support wide variety of standard and specialized procurement activities through application of innovative and creative techniques.
- Interface with technical organizations in development of pre-procurement plans, statements of work, and costs estimates to achieve timely cost-effective procurement actions.
- Negotiate, place, and administer purchase orders and modifications with suppliers for complex material, service, and construction requirements following established policies and procedures. Utilize personal judgment when specific guidance is not provided.
- Perform Market Research for services, major equipment and components
- Prepare written procurement documents such as Request for Proposals (RFP), negotiation memorandums, cost/price analysis, award justifications, and consent packages to document procurement files.
- Review and settle claims and termination actions.
- Participate in formulation and review of acquisition policies and procedures. Participate in section and department wide acquisition reviews as required.
We are well aware that talent comes in all sorts of different configurations. If you’re wondering whether or not you’re qualified, contact us directly so we can discuss the relationship between work purpose and prior experience.
This is a Long-Term Contract position that allows for remote work. Occasional travel to and from Carlsbad NM may be required. This position has the ability to be extended based on client need and Subcontractor performance.
Blackmere Consulting is an equal opportunity employer (EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled/Protected Statuses)
More information and to apply: https://loxo.co/job/557323?t=1609892121