Thursday, January 10 – Other Transaction Agreements – FAR out!
Posted: 22 of December
NCMA welcomes you to a half day seminar giving you both a primer on and the latest trends in DoD’s use of OTAs for basic research and prototypes. We’ll explore the variety of vehicles used by various agencies and military departments within DoD, the similarities and differences with FAR-based procurements, and address special issues of concern to OTA participants, including rights to inventions and proprietary data.
Opportunity to earn 4.5 Continuous Learning Points!
7:30 – 8:30
Registration, Breakfast, and Networking
8:30 – 9:30
General Overview of OTAs
Dan Kelly, Partner, Government Contracts and Export Controls Group, McCarter & English, LLP
Mr. Kelly has spent over thirty years advising participants in the U.S. Government supply chain on all matters involving federal procurement. He is the author of the August 2018 edition of Thomson Reuters’ Briefing Papers, addressing rights to inventions and patents under NASA and DoD OTAs.
John Nunziato, Vice President, SOSSEC Inc.
Mr. Nunziato is involved in managing and executing every aspect of business development, business operations, and contract management of the System of Systems (SOSSEC) corporation, the 500+ member SOSSEC and SCE consortiums, and SOSSEC’s six active Other Transactions for Prototyping. Prior to joining SOSSEC, John worked over 30 years for the Federal Government in a variety of senior level positions and organizations.
- Explaining the Resurgence of OTAs
- OTAs’ Different Flavors – Research, Prototypes, and Production
- DoD’s New Guidance on OTAs
- OTAs with Consortiums
- Current OTAs with Consortiums/Industry Opportunities (e.g., C4ISR Software Prototyping; Air Force Life Cycle Management Center Consortium Initiative; Propulsion Initiative; Sensors, Communications and Electronics; Cyberspace Operation Broad Responsive Agreement; and, National Geospatial Agency Innovations)
- Other Forms of OTAs including Technology Investment Agreements
- How Much Flexibility Really Exists in OTA Terms and Conditions
- Going from Prototype to Production under an OTA
- Protecting IP under an OTA
- Subcontracting Under an OTA
9:30 – 10:00
The OTA Prototype Process as Seen from the DoD PM
Mr. Southcott serves as the Agreements Officer Technical Representative (AOTR) and PM for Air Force’s C4ISR Software prototyping OTA.
10:00 – 10:15
10:15 – 12:00
Round Robin Panel Discussion Featuring:
- Linda Sasser, SOSSEC, Inc., Senior Program Manager and Air Force OTAs PM
- Jack Shirley, Northrop Grumman Systems Corporation, Staff Contract Administrator
- Steve Bailey, Wolf Den Associates, LLC, Small Business Administrative Lead for OTA Project Awards
- Dora Ramos, Draper, Principal Director-Contracts, Subcontracts, Procurement & Property
- Steven Tran, Advanced Functional Fabrics of America, Director of Operations
- Rob Leahy, Northeastern University, Sr. Research & Sponsored Programs Counsel
12:00 – 1:00
$60.00 per person for NCMA Members and Government Employees
$75.00 per person for General Public
Catered by: Rebecca’s Cafe
Breakfast and Lunch included in the price.
Thank you to our generous sponsor: