Company: Sumaria Systems, Inc., Danvers, MA
Position: Senior Contracts Manager – Full-time Position
Post Date: 03/21/18
Seeking an experienced Contracts professional with strong attention to detail and time management skills to be responsible for the execution of the Contracts and Subcontracts functions supporting both Government (DoD) and Commercial entities. You will draw upon your knowledge and experience to prepare, negotiate and administer multiple Government and commercial/international contracts and subcontract agreements of moderate to high dollar value, risk level, creativity and complexity from cradle-to-grave, consistent with client requirements and Sumaria Systems procurement policies/procedures. You will be the primary point of contact responsible for all day-to-day contract and subcontract administration activities to include proposals, contract modifications, and Statement of Work changes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
An integral member of the Company Management team reporting to the COO, the Senior Contracts Manager works closely with Program Management, Business Development, Operations and the leadership team in support of negotiations and contract administration from inception through closure.
- Review and analyze contract requirements, terms and conditions and special provisions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, and Sumaria Systems policies and procedures, including making determination on Sumaria Systems obligations.
- Ensure all contract terms and conditions are met and any problems are identified and resolved in a timely manner.
- Provide guidance and make recommendations to management and staff on contract interpretation and contractual issues.
- Principal point of contact to formulate Contracts, Subcontracts, Non-Disclosure, Consulting and Teaming Agreements of all types managing multiple contracts & subcontracts.
- Serve as an integral member on proposal teams, acting as the key conduit between the Sumaria Systems and potential team members/subcontractors/customers for all contractual matters.
- Fulfill all federal contract compliance support including Systems of Awards Management (SAM), Organizational Conflict of Interest (OCI) reviews, and TINA sweeps, interface with DoD agencies such as DCMA and DCAA on all audit issues.
- Serve as the Empowered Official (EO) and provide subject matter expertise.
- Plan, direct and control all business unit operations relating to export and import control, including, but not limited to, trade regulations (ITAR & EAR), U.S. Munitions import regulations, Government agency jurisdictions and risk issues (classified and unclassified exports, technology transfer, and related party shipments).
- Ensure fully executed prime contracts, subcontracts and associated modifications for each contract is correctly entered into and maintained in the Access based Corporate Management Information System (CMIS) and commercial contract tracking databases
- Manage the Corporate Purchasing process, contract/subcontract inspections and audits.
- Develop contracts management procedures as required.
- Co-lead on the Corporate Quality Management System (ISO) program management team
Qualifications and/or Skills:
- Minimum 12+ years’ progressive experience in complex DoD contract/subcontract negotiation and administration.
- CFCM, NCMA or CPCM credentials preferred.
- Professional maturity, strong leadership skills, proven negotiation skills and contracts experience.
- Team player with strong interpretive, interpersonal, analytical, presentation and reasoning skills to include demonstrated tact and diplomacy.
- Strong hands-on experience in time and materials, cost reimbursement, IDIQ and firm fixed price type contracts.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Contract Law and a demonstrated understanding of Federal contract and subcontract administration, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR), Defense Contract Audit Agency Pamphlet 7641.90, UCC, and ITAR.
- Position requires ability to manage multiple priorities, excellent written and oral communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Proficiency is required in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) and SharePoint.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university; MBA preferred.
- Candidates must be US Citizens and possess or be able to obtain a DoD Top Secret security clearance.
- Some Travel may be required. Sumaria Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please go to Sumaria Systems and click on “Careers.”
Company: Advanced Functional Fabrics of America, Inc., Cambridge, MA
Position: Associate Contracts and Subcontracts Manager – Full-time Position
Post Date: 02/27/18
Would you like to be on an incredible team that is poised to revolutionize the world of fabrics and textiles? Advanced Functional Fabrics of America (AFFOA) is a start-up, non-profit consortium, and National Manufacturing Institute that is transforming fabrics into sophisticated systems, allowing clothes to connect to the Internet, see, hear, sense and communicate, change color and monitor health. Our headquarters team is a small, diverse and passionate group dedicated to advancing AFFOA’s mission. We work hard and long hours, but laugh a lot and are excited about the amazing (and mind-boggling) impact we are having on the future of fabrics and textiles. Would you like to join us, to help ‘unfold’ the future?AFFOA is seeking a hands-on, fast-paced individual. As a part of an integrated product team, the candidate will report to the Director of Operations – Contracts and Finance, and work closely with finance, program management, and technical staff. Duties primarily focus on subcontracts and procurement, but provide an exciting opportunity to grow in a complex environment that combines government contracts, commercial agreements, and grants.
- Draft, negotiate, document, execute, and administer a variety of routine and complex contractual instruments (e., commercial contracts, teaming agreements, subawards, procurements, and NDAs)
- Perform cost or price analysis for subcontracts and procurement’s to determine price reasonableness
- Cradle-to-grave subcontract and sub-award activities including SOW development, issuing RFP/RFQs, analyzing risk, purchasing parts/materials, leading negotiations, and closeout
- Manage the solicitation and evaluation processes by preparing documentation, creating review criteria, managing submissions, and holding discussions
- Work independently, collaborate with team members, and communicate with stakeholders
- Take initiative in identifying and performing the tasks required, removing barriers to progress
- Support a range of other Institute activities, as necessary in a high pressure, face-paced, start-up environment
- BA/BS in Business or related degree; MBA preferred
- 4+ years’ Industry or University experience working with proposals, subcontracts, and/or grants
- Experience with various contracts including CPFF, Cost-Share, FFP, T&M, and Labor Hour
- Familiarity with government regulations such as 2 CFR 200 Uniform Guidance, FAR, and/or DFARS
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing in a positive manner
- Deltek Costpoint or other ERP system experience preferred
AFFOA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, or gender identity.