New Draper Job Opportunity: Government Property Manager
Posted: 09 of July
Government Property Manager
Draper is an independent, nonprofit research and development company headquartered in Cambridge, MA. The 1,700 employees of Draper tackle important national challenges with a promise of delivering successful and usable solutions. From military defense and space exploration to biomedical engineering, lives often depend on the solutions we provide. Our multidisciplinary teams of engineers and scientists work in a collaborative environment that inspires the cross-fertilization of ideas necessary for true innovation. For more information about Draper, visit www.draper.com.
Our work is very important to us, but so is our life outside of work. Draper supports many programs to improve work-life balance including workplace flexibility, employee clubs ranging from photography to yoga, health and finance workshops, off site social events and discounts to local museums and cultural activities. If this specific job opportunity and the chance to work at a nationally renowned R&D innovation company appeals to you, apply now www.draper.com/careers.
This position serves as an integral member of the Contracts, Subcontracts, Procurement & Property (CSPP) department. CSPP strives to provide both its internal and external customers with solution-oriented leadership and guidance and is focused on achieving the strategic objectives of the organization while balancing risk and regulatory compliance. The ideal candidate has an interest in contributing to the success of the entire CSPP department in a fast-paced multifaceted environment.
The Draper Property Office is seeking a Government Property Manager to oversee and maintain a compliant Government Property system. The Property Manager reports to the Associate Director of Procurement & Property and is responsible for a wide-range of Government property matters and the supervision of eight (8) property management professionals and summer internship students. The Property Manager is responsible for all daily operations to support, maintain and ensure Government Property compliance for the Draper Cambridge facility and all other Draper offsite locations. The Property Manager is responsible for the administration and execution of all property related actives to ensure compliance with Draper internal procedures as well as all applicable federal and state regulations. The Property Manager will need to exercise judgment based on experience and knowledge.
- Responsible for overseeing all facets of the Draper Property Office and ensuring compliant Government Property management in all aspects of the FAR mandated property life-cycle processes.
- Supervise, organize and coordinates all activities for direct reports. Provides ongoing, constructive feedback of performance and progress based on the goals and expectations of the Property Office.
- Assist with personnel concerns including hiring and evaluation reviews.
- Ensures direct reports have the skills and resources to effectively perform roles and responsibilities.
- Ensures excellent Property Office customer service.
- Ensure collaboration within the CSPP team, Program Offices, and other functional areas.
- Responsible for the execution of the Property Office self-assessments.
- Sets department goals, initiatives and conducts property trainings at the departmental, program and organizational levels.
- Provides support and guidance to internal program personnel, external stakeholders, and subcontractors on all Government Property related matters, requirements and procedures.
- Experience in developing property management related policies and procedures and must demonstrate the ability to improve processes and resolve complex problems with limited oversight.
- Responsible for the management and oversight of the Draper warehouse and staff.
- Provide support to the Shipping/Receiving Manager.
- Conducts frequent reviews of the FAR/DFARS regulations for changing requirements and implements the necessary updates.
- Responsible for the facilitation of all property audits, interpreting all outcomes and instituting any corrective action to ensure compliance.
- Ensure the integrity of the property system data to maintain auditable records and compliant reports.
- Responsible for the oversight of all Plant Clearance cases and Draper’s Item Unique Item Identification (IUID) process.
- Responsible for all aspects of reutilization, storage, disposition and disposal of Draper and Government property.
- Coordinate and administer the oversight of Subcontractor Controls in regards to Government property.
- Minimum 8-10 years related work, including four years of relevant Government Property experience and two years of supervisory experience in Government property management.
- Additional Information Technology/Information Systems experience preferred.
- Certified Professional Property Administrator (CPPA) or other professional certification by the National Property Management Association (NPMA) is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Working knowledge of the Plant Clearance Automated Reutilization Screening Systems (PCARSS) and IUID Registry.
- Experience with PeopleSoft is also preferred.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of FAR 52.245-1, FAR Part 45, DFARS 245.6, 252.245-7003 and other applicable regulations.
- Highly motivated self-starter, excellent written and oral communication skills as well as thorough familiarity MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills and excellent problem solving skills that can be deployed to collaborate effectively with external stakeholders and various internal functional teams.
- Active Secret Clearance or ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Some Lifting up to 50lbs is required.
- Office and/or warehouse environment with some travel to offsite locations and subcontractor facilities.